- 1. What personal data do we collect and how?
- 2. Why does beIN collect your personal data?
- 3. With whom does beIN share your personal data?
- 4. Is your personal data transferred to other countries and why?
- 5. For how long does beIN retain your personal data?
- 6. What are your rights on your personal data?
- 7. Contact and complaints
- 8. Changes to this Privacy
- What personal data do we collect and how?
You may give us personal data about you during the recruitment process (e.g., through application forms, during interviews, etc.).
We may also receive personal data about you from third parties; for example, other entities within the beIN group if you have previously worked in another entity of the group; recruiters; references from a previous employer; business partners; sub-contractors providing recruiting or technical services; analytics providers; background check providers; search information providers; as well as from publicly available sources such as social media.
The categories of personal data beIN may collect include, without limitation, the following:
- Data about you: such as your forename and surname, gender, nationality, home contact details (e.g., address, telephone number, e-mail), immigration and eligibility to work data, whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- Data about your application: skills, qualifications, experience, references, employment history, CV and application, current level of remuneration, interview data, and verification information;
- Legal and criminal records data: legal records data is processed only in compliance with the applicable laws and in specific circumstances (e.g., for candidates who will be involved in security).
The personal data requested from you during the recruitment process is required by us in order to assess your application for employment with beIN. If you do not provide some or all of this personal data it may affect our ability to process your application and therefore to enter into an employment agreement with you. In some cases, it may mean that we are unable to continue with your application for employment as we will not have the personal data we believe to be necessary for the effective and efficient management of the recruitment process.
- Why does beIN collect your personal data?
beIN collects and processes your personal data for the purpose of managing beIN’s recruitment related activities. We may also use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants, including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, and conducting evaluations, assessments and otherwise as needed in the recruitment process, including if relevant, issuing employment offers. However, no personal data will be processed without a legal ground (or “lawful basis”), described in the below table.
Management of the recruitment process (including for example arranging interviews), assessment and confirmation of a candidate’s suitability for employment and decision as to whom to offer a job
beIN’s legitimate interest in hiring qualified and appropriate staff members.
This processing is also necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment contract with you.
Management of beIN job candidate database
beIN’s legitimate interest in creating, monitoring and maintaining a talent pool to fulfil future job opportunities
Appropriate vetting for recruitment and team allocation including, where relevant and appropriate right to work verification, identity fraud checks, criminal record checks (if and to the extent permitted by applicable laws), relevant employment history, relevant regulatory status and professional qualifications
Compliance with beIN legal and regulatory obligations as per applicable law and beIN legitimate interest to ensure that its internal policies are respected.
This processing is also necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by beIN. beIN considers that it has a legitimate interest in managing its business operations in the most effective way and wishes to maintain its world class reputation and continue to attract high calibre employees.
Complying with applicable legal or regulatory requirements as well as beIN group internal policies, and with lawful requests by public authorities
This processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Management of litigations, offences and court cases
beIN’s legitimate interest to ensure the efficiency of its defence.
This processing is also necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by beIN. beIN considers that it has a legitimate interest in protecting its organization from breaches of legal obligations owed to it and to defend itself from litigation.
If you are accepted for a role at beIN, the information collected during the recruiting process will be processed in accordance with applicable law, including our Employee Privacy Notice, a copy of which will be provided when you are on-boarded as an employee.
beIN may share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, as necessary for the purposes described in Section 2 above:
- beIN’s parent company, beIN MEDIA Group, on a need to know basis, notably in case of joint recruitment activities;
- Third party service providers used for the abovementioned purposes, such as recruiters;
With respect to the disclosures of personal data described above, beIN:
- follows processes and procedures to ensure disclosures are only made available to internal personnel who are authorized to receive this information and who have a legitimate business need of the information to perform their job responsibilities;
- will provide personal data only to third party service providers that are authorized to receive and process this information and who have contractually agreed to (i) implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and (ii) process this information as instructed by beIN only as necessary to perform their services to beIN and (iii) more generally meet all the requirement under the GDPR and applicable local laws.
In the event of a change of control or ownership of beIN or in the event all or part of beIN business is otherwise transferred to a third party, you are informed that your personal data as collected and maintained by beIN may be transferred to that third party, subject to applicable local law requirements.
beIN may also disclose information about its job applicants in instances where we are required to do so by law, including pursuant to a court order or in circumstances where it believes that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the rights, property, or safety of beIN or beIN group or any person, in each case as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Is your personal data transferred to other countries and why?
For the purposes listed in section 2 above, your personal data will be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA“), to beIN MEDIA Group, other beIN entities and third party service providers which are located in countries not offering a level of protection of personal data equivalent to that offered within the EEA, such as Qatar (beIN Media Group).
Absent any adequacy decision of the European Commission, beIN has entered into contractual clauses based on the European Commission model clauses to secure such transfers.
You can obtain details on the transfer mechanism used to protect the personal data transferred outside of the EEA by contacting DPO@bein.com, although some details may be redacted for confidentiality reasons.
- For how long does beIN retain your personal data?
Our general approach is to retain candidate personal data for two years after your last contact with us, unless you specifically agree that we may retain your personal data for a longer period. If you accept employment with beIN, in which case we will retain your personal data for the duration of the applicable statute of limitations, which may surpass the term of your employment.
In certain cases, legal or regulatory obligations require us to retain specific records for a set period of time.
At the end of the application retention period, your personal data will be anonymized or deleted from beIN information system and from that of beIN’s relevant subcontractors.
- What are your rights on your personal data?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. More information about each of these rights is set out below:
- Withdrawal of consent. You can withdraw at any time your consent in respect of any processing of personal data based on your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Access. You can ask us to confirm whether we process your personal data and, as the case may be, inform you of the characteristics of such processing, allow you to access such data and give you a copy of it.
- Rectification. You can ask us to rectify or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Erasure. You can ask us to erase your personal data in the following cases: where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; you withdrew your consent; you objected to the processing of your personal data; your personal data has been processed unlawfully; or to comply with a legal obligation. We are not required to comply with your request notably if the processing of your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Restriction. You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data (i.e., keep but not use your personal data) where: the accuracy of your personal data is contested; the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; it is still necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; to verify the existence overriding grounds following the exercise of your right of objection. We can continue to use your personal data following a request for restriction, where: we have your consent; to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Portability. You can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it ‘ported’ directly to another data controller, but only where the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds. Where we are relying upon legitimate interest to process personal data (see Section 2), then you have the right to object to that processing. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. In the UK, the supervisory authority for the protection of personal data is the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
Please help us to keep your data accurate by informing us immediately of any change regarding your situation, including change of name, address or any other relevant change that may be relevant regarding the performance of your work agreement.
- Contact and complaints
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any complaints or questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
- Changes to this Policy
This Policy will be made available on beIN’s group careers platform (https://www.beinmediagroup.com/), and in any case will be made available to you at the beginning of the recruitment process. You are invited to consult it regularly as it may be updated periodically to take account changes in the law, regulations or beIN practices. You will be notified when this occurs and updated versions of this Policy will be posted.
Last Update: February 2023